Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Statement of Intent

How do you intend to use the four areas of the media theoretical framework to communicate meaning and meet the requirements of your chosen brief? (approx. 400 words) 

Product 1 

My first product I'm filming is my music video, and I intend to shoot it in old leigh or somewhere with an old town feel with some modern graffiti. This makes it vastly relatable and recognisable to a larger audience with a sense of locational familiarity. I intend to use a wide range of camera angles to keep the video engaging and unpredictable at times, this keeps the audience hooked on the focal points in the shot while adding context through wider shots or moving shots showing location. I intend to apply Andrew Goodwin’s theory and match the visuals to the lyrics, so it feels collaborative. 

My video will be one that should be from an artist who is signed to the beggars group. This means I must aim to make my video have a more indie rock theme therefore I will have more unique costume choices and unconventional models compared to some more mainstream music icons.  

My audience is a 16–25-year-old upmarket, middle class media literate demographic. Therefore, I shall make my video appealing to them by having younger models (aged 16-17) so they're in an ideal, youthful phase in their life when their careers are growing and they're discovering themselves while also being rebellious with little responsibilities- qualities a less mainstream band may have. This means they will be more relatable and may be idolised which encourages viewers to buy merchandise and engage more with the band (through the website or social media pages).  

Considering I need to include two social groups, I will represent different ethnicities throughout my video. I will include relatable (Marvel: spiderman) intertextual references to represent similarities between the band/producer and the audience making them feel closer and more connected. To be representative of the brand The Beggars group I will make sure the models fit into the generic conventions of the artists signed to them, to reinforce this I will use a song from a band already signed up to the group, Radiohead. 

Product 2 

The second product I intend to make is a website to support the music video. This website will be to promote the band and therefore will include images of the band as a whole (in polaroids) but also the individuals who will be starring in the video to break down more of their individual characteristics. 

The website will have interactional features to encourage audience activity and make them feel closer to the artists through competitions and easter eggs in the video. This adheres to what a media literate audience will consume. There will be much to explore on the website for those who are more engaged (media literate) and who have the technology to receive the convergence aspects (upmarket)  

How do you intend to link your media products to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of the digitally convergent nature of your media production? (approx. 100 words) 

I intend to put links at the end of my music video in order to create a linked and united online presence for the band and transfer the audience over to the website. I will have a signing up feature on the website for potential updates surrounding tours and also hyper textuality through links to working social media pages (eg Instagram, Twitter) of the band to make them seem more professional online and appeal to those avid fans who will want these live updates and exclusive footage. Their whole interlinked strong online presence that I will create promotes them as a band and makes the audience feel an emotional familiarity to them rather than just listening to the music for entertainment purposes. The Vimeo, Instagram and Website I will make will assemble the bands individuality and uniqueness to appeal to an indie-rock consumer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Website Screenshots Page 2 ABOUT

Please be aware that there is a major collaboration at the bottom of the page as the band have made music for the next Spiderverse movie. Th...