Friday, September 1, 2023

First day filming reflection

 




First day filming reflection 

I decided on old leigh for my first location as there are places with cool graffiti, older buildings and a cobbled street, the beach and grassy areas to make it look like a different location like a field or open area. These shots were those that aren't filled with them performing. It was easy to collect footage from them as they're such good friends in real life that since one of them was comfortable with me they all became more comfortable and were themselves. They played together a lot and in between shots they would be looking for cool spots to take pictures in or play fighting or laughing together which meant I could collect some great candid shots I may use for some behind the scenes footage for my audio-visual footage or for some more light-hearted images for my website. It was really nice weather so I had some great lighting in the footage which was a major relief as filming outside can be so unpredictable as to how the weather will be which greatly affects the lighting. We shot from 1pm until around 6pm but it didn’t get much darker, so it wasn’t an issue. To take soe of Charlie’s advice (an ex-student) I brought a tripod and made sure to use it in the shots I could so I could avoid having to retake shaky shots. However, from a bird's eye view I couldn’t wrestle the tripod into place so had to try my bes5 at being still, this meant it took 13 takes to actually get it how I wanted it. I told the boys to pick out an outfit each which they would be comfortable wearing for the whole of the video, excluding their performance outfits. They wore casual outfits apart from the main singer who wore a more extravagant button up shirt making him stand out giving him more of a star persona but simultaneously standing out in a more “different” sense as he's supposed to feel like an outsider in my video.  

 

As well as them wanting to help me out with my media NEA, they're also already a band and are really keen to get themselves out there. They have the qualities to get there entirely which really helped push along my progress as they started getting into it and wating some more footage to help them as a band as well as footage for my media, so it was a nice balance for us both to be benefitting from it and made them much more excited to get on with it.  

 

On this day I got filmed the 5th verse, 6th verse, and the final verse being the chorus with filler shots too for a chorus to make sure I'm in the position of being able to delete footage after I collect it all. It was difficult to make sure everything was in time with the music so in the end we resorted to every time he needed to lip sync something my model would start playing the song on his phone in his pocket and then sing along to that while I filmed which will also make it easier in the long run as I will be able to time it with the music I overlay easily.  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Website Screenshots Page 2 ABOUT

Please be aware that there is a major collaboration at the bottom of the page as the band have made music for the next Spiderverse movie. Th...