Friday, September 8, 2023

Second Day Filming

 Second Day Filming Reflection 

For my second day of filming, I focused in on the performance aspects of my video, so I rented out a room at maple studios in order for the band to be able to all perform at once since they had a drum kit there. I got the boys to come in costume of red and black all matching, so they look more professional and like they're performing, also making it more engaging and attractive to the eye and showcasing their more indie vibe. In order to make sure I was gathering as much footage as possible I was filming different verses (usually the chorus) from different angles and focusing in on different band members all in different takes lasting the same length. This means I can chop and cut clips together so it smoothly leads on to different parts while all being in time, and they can be swapping quickly without it looking like the band has only filmed one line or that section. This also means I can easily switch up the order of my clips if they're not up to my standard.  

I got the rest of the chorus filmed on this day and more of the running clips I will cut together from the first day of filming. We had quite a few bloopers as some timing went wrong and it was difficult to have them all in time and focusing at the right time however I've kept these clips for my 30 second audio visual so I can get some behind the scenes. I also made a time lapse of us setting up I will cut into the audio visual to get a more thorough and transparent feel of the band on the website which will encourage more audience interaction if they feel closer to the band already and give the members a more developed sense of character and persona. Especially since my video is relatively solemn at points it will be a nice counter point to have the boys having fun while filming the video so it's not all monotone.  

Potential songs for my audio visual to be overlayed are Party Monster by the Weeknd and Miss You by robin Shulz. 

Also form this filming I've decided that my brand would look good to have a red and black theme to match their costume and add to their brand identity as a band and make them more recognisable and the costume not seem as randomly put together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Website Screenshots Page 2 ABOUT

Please be aware that there is a major collaboration at the bottom of the page as the band have made music for the next Spiderverse movie. Th...